torsdag 28. oktober 2010

In the middle of no were

I can’t deny that I’m living the ultimate American dream!

Yesterday I left New York and took the train to Boston. There I met my friend who is a collage student at Boston University. It was great to see here again, it has been over a year since we have seen each other, but it feels like she never left.

I got a tour on the campus, and I got to see how here days in Boston are. Boston University has many different collages and universities. The city is the center of higher education in the country, especially medicine.  It was founded already in 1839, and many famous people have graduated here, but Martin Luther King Jr. is probably the most famous.


After some lunch we left Boston in the car Kristin have rented for the summer. It’s a typical old American car, with a retro design and you can take of the ceiling if it’s nice weather, then.
Kristin and I always have a lot to talk about, and since it’s a year since I sew here last time, we had a lot to ketch-up on. All the way from Boston to Chicago we talk about things that have happened the last year, listening to old songs and eating junk food. When we come to Chicago we stopped and sew a movie on an open-air cinema, before we cheeked in on a hotel fore the night.



We have now started on route 66 to Los Angels, and we are experiences the wonderful and various nature from state to state, from the green and windy Missouri, to the open and flat landscape here in Texas.  We are now visiting some relatives’ here in Texas. I met them for the first time today. They were really nice, and the whole family gave us a worm welcome on their ranch. This evening they took us to see a football match, because their son is playing on a high school team. The evening is something I will remember for life, it was the ultimate American experience with cheerleaders, barbeque and American football.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar